Jobs " Administration Assistant "
- Job Title:
- Administration Assistant
- Juno Beach Centre Association
- Language Required:
- Burlington, Hamilton / Niagara, Ontario
- Application Deadline:
- Job Start Date:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
- Job Description:
- ADMINISTRATION ASSISTANT
JUNO BEACH CENTRE ASSOCIATION
The Juno Beach Centre Association (“JBCA”) is a Canadian non-profit organization, which owns and operates the Juno Beach Centre, Canada’s only museum on the D-Day Landing beaches in Normandy, France. Governed by a Board of Directors, the JBCA is dedicated to the preservation of the memory of Canada’s veterans who made the ultimate sacrifice for their country and to educating future generations about the role Canadians played in preserving the freedoms we are privileged to enjoy.
The JBCA is expanding its Canadian team with a part-time Administration Assistant to report directly to the Program Manager and assist in the operations and administration of the JBCA office in Burlington, Ontario. Eight hours per week is currently the anticipated workload with the potential for flexibility in the days worked.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Management of donor and contact databases and lists
• Process and record donations, invoices, and other transactions
• Correspond with donors and other stakeholders
• Maintain financial and donation records
• Work closely with the JBCA Treasurer and Accountant to ensure all financial records are accurate and up-to-date
• Assist in the creation of some web content
• Manage annual shipment of boutique items
• Maintain supply of office supplies and promotional materials.
• Address general inquiries about the Juno Beach Centre and the Association
• Other administrative duties as assigned
The successful candidate is creative, driven, and connected with like-minded organizations in public, private and non-profit sectors. The ability to communicate effectively and respectfully on the phone and in person with donors, board members, veterans, volunteers, staff, and the general public is essential to this position.
General requirements include:
• Experience working in a non-profit environment, ideally in a fund-raising driven organization
• A completed post-secondary degree in public administration, education, history, marketing or other relevant education and experience.
• Bilingual (French/English) will be considered a preferred asset
• Training in Fundraising, Budgeting, and/or Donor Relations will be considered as an asset
• Superior written and oral communications skills
• Proficiency with office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database management, WordPress, and social media sites).
• Strong organizational and administrative skills, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Flexible and easily adaptable to change
• Valid driver’s license
• A willingness and ability to work occasional evenings and/or weekend events.
How to apply:
If you have a passion and respect for Canada’s veterans and their contribution to our society and would like to make your mark in the growth of a nationally focused non-profit organization, please submit your resumé and cover letter to: JBCA Program Manager via email (with “Administration Assistant” in the subject line) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. The application deadline is 29-09-2017, though submissions will be reviewed upon reception. Prospective candidates may be contacted for an interview prior to the formal closing date. Remuneration is commensurate with experience.
For information about the Juno Beach Centre, visit www.junobeach.org.
- Download Attachment
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.