Jobs " GUIDE (PT), Canada Science and Technology Museum "
- Job Title:
- GUIDE (PT), Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Canada Science and Technology Museum
- Language Required:
- Ottawa, Ottawa Region / Outaouais, Ontario
- Application Deadline:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- $20.55 - $25.00
- Job Description:
- GUIDE (PT), CANADA SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY MUSEUM
Reference Number: 2017/2018-CSTMC-083
Salary Range: $20.55 - $25.00
Employment Status: Indeterminate / Part-time
Language Requirements: Bilingual (BBC/BBC)
Security Requirement: Enhanced reliability
Position Number: 9539
Branch: Canada Science and Technology Museum
Who can apply? Ingenium - Canada's Museums of Science and Innovation employees and external candidates
Summary of Duties:
You are the welcoming face of the Canada Science and Technology Museum. Reporting to the Supervisors, you will work closely with other members of the Visitor Experience team to deliver high-quality programming. In both official languages, you will interpret and present the scientific and technological innovations displayed in the newly renovated Museum. Through on-stage science demonstrations, facilitating activities in Exploratek (Maker Studio), and leading exciting programs, you will create positive experiences for the Museum’s diverse clientele. You will help maintain a clean and safe working environment for the staff and visitors, and assist in daily operations.
Education and Experience:
As an ideal candidate, you have completed a minimum of one (1) year University or College in the fields of Science, Engineering, History, Museum Studies, Technological Studies, Education, or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- of science and/or technology;
- of the mandate and the organization of Ingenium;
- of customer service standards and practices;
- of formal interpretation methodology and techniques is considered an asset.
- Initiate, stimulate and maintain visitor interaction;
- Perform demonstrations comfortably in front of an audience and answer questions related to the themes presented ;
- Absorb and interpret large quantities of information on a variety of topics found within the Museum;
- Work under pressure;
- Work without continuous supervision;
- Act as an Ambassador of the Corporation in local, national and international scenes;
- Enforce security measures to maintain Museum and visitor safety.
- Demonstrates interest in science and/or technology;
- Must be empathetic to the needs of visitors;
- Excellent communications skills;
- A high degree of initiative and judgement;
- Creative problem solver;
- Works well with children and adults;
- Effective team player;
- Flexible and adaptable.
** The purpose of this job posting is to create an "active résumé bank" of potential candidates. Please note that eligible candidates may be called for an interview, at any time, between the posting date and the closing date.
The CSTMC is committed to the principles of employment equity.
Résumés received for this position will not be accepted after the indicated closing time (midnight) and date.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for the next stage of this selection process will be contacted. As a result of this competition, we may establish an eligibility list that may serve to staff similar positions.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your cover letter and curriculum vitae indicating the reference number 2017/2018-CSTMC-083 in your email's Subject line, no later than the closing date to: email@example.com
Posting Date: January 12, 2018
Closing Date: March 31, 2018
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.