Jobs " March Break Art Camp Coordinator "
- Job Title:
- March Break Art Camp Coordinator
- The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre
- Job Type:
- Temporary Job (Summer, Student, Seasonal, etc...)
- Language Required:
- Niagara-on-the-lake, Hamilton / Niagara, Ontario
- Application Deadline:
- Job Start Date:
- Date Posted:
- Web Link to Institution:
- Job Description:
- The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre is a not-for-profit community-based organization that supports and advances lifelong learning opportunities in the arts through our school and galleries, emphasizing community involvement and collaboration. Our mission is to engage, enrich and celebrate our diverse and growing population through the visual arts.
The March Break Art Camp Coordinator (1 position) will gain meaningful, supervised work experience in running a children’s art camp at a not-for-profit arts centre. The March Break Art Camp Coordinator will be responsible for camp planning, inventory, instruction and supervision of camp.
Tasks and Responsibilities
• Coordinate art camp for a not-for-profit art gallery/studio providing visual art programming for children and youth ages 5-12.
• Research and develop art educational programming proposals, lesson plans, materials lists, audio-visual support and visual examples of projects for art camp.
• Responsible for set up of activities, teaching art and supervising children and youth during summer art camps.
• Strong understanding of visual arts and art history
• Experience working with children and youth
• Lesson planning, teaching and classroom management experience
• Excellent communication and customer service skills are required
• First Aid/CPR training will be required
• Vulnerable Sector Screening will be required
Send resume and cover letter in one document by February 9, 2018 to:
Rianna Ostryhon, Administrator, Programs & Facilities Coordinator
The Niagara Pumphouse Arts Centre, 247 Ricardo Street, P.O. Box 676 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON L0S 1J0
*Please include your name and the job title in the subject of your email*
- Download Attachment
Contact information for this web page
To suggest edits or updates to this page, please contact the Canadian Heritage Information Network (CHIN) directly.