Artefacts Canada, Canada's national inventory of museum collections, provides access to several million records and images from Canadian museums. This resource is used by national and international heritage professionals and by the public to research Canadian cultural and natural collections.
Artefacts Canada contributors may add or update records to this database at any time.
If you are a Canadian organization with automated collections information, we welcome you to become part of this initiative. Join a vast network of more than 500 Canadian heritage institutions located in communities across Canada.
Existing Contributors: Add or Update
The CHIN Agreement with Contributing Institutions was revised in to reflect recent changes associated with the transfer of the Virtual Museum of Canada (VMC) to the Canadian Museum of History (CMH). The current agreement [in PDF format* (286 KB)] no longer makes reference to the VMC or to CHIN membership as a prerequisite for contributing to Artefacts Canada. Agreements signed prior to will be deemed to incorporate this change.
- Guidelines for Contribution to Artefacts Canada
- Add or update records on Artefacts Canada (username and password required).
If you are a first-time contributor, please review your uploaded records on Artefacts Canada:
- Review Your Test Contribution - Humanities
- Review Your Test Contribution - Natural Sciences
- Review Your Test Contribution - Info-Muse: Humanities (available in French only)
- Review Your Test Contribution - Info-Muse: Natural Sciences (available in French only)
To access the PDF (Portable Document Format) version you must have a PDF reader installed. If you do not already have such a reader, there are numerous PDF readers available for free download or for purchase on the Internet:
To take advantage of PDF features:
- Save the PDF form on your computer;
- Open the file with your PDF reader;
- Complete the form; and
- Save it again once filled.
It is not recommended to open a PDF form within your browser. Some browsers use plugins by default to view the PDF which may not work properly with fillable PDF forms.
Please note that all saveable and fillable PDF forms posted on this Web site are created using Adobe® authoring tools. It is therefore recommended that you use the Adobe Reader®, version 9 or higher, for best results.