Canada Day Challenge 2017 Entry Form
If you are here, it is because you decided to participate to the Canada Day Challenge 2017. Before going further, we want to make sure that you are eligible and that you have everything you need to complete the Entry Form.
- You are aged 8 to 18 years old.
- You are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or legally allowed resident in the country at the time of the Challenge.
- You are not an employee or a member of the immediate family of an employee of the Department of Canadian Heritage or a persons living under the same roof as an employee of the Department of Canadian Heritage.
- Your entry conforms to the 2017 Canada Day Challenge Official Rules.
What you need to complete the entry form
- Your contact information (name, address, telephone number, email).
- A description of your entry and how it highlights "Celebrate Your Future!”.
- Information about your school if your entry is part of a class project.
- Your parent or legal guardian’s consent if you are under the age of majority in your province or territory of residence.
- Your entry on an electronic format
- The formats accepted for your photo are JPEG, JPG, GIF, TIF, TIFF, BMP or PNG.
- The picture size is limited to 5Mo.
- Your entry on an electronic text format for your piece of creative writing (ex. MS Word).
- The acceptable formats are DOC, DOCX, WPD, TXT, PDF ou ODT.
- The size of the document is limited to 5Mo.
- Your text must be no longer than 500 words, be a short story, a poem or an essay and be an original. It can be in French or English. Plagiarism will not be accepted.
Personal information collection statement
All personal information created, held or collected by the Government of Canada is protected under the Privacy Act. This means that you will be informed of the purpose for which it is being collected and how to exercise your right of access to that information. You will be asked for your consent where appropriate.
Read the privacy notice.
Please be advised that personal information collected by the Department of Canadian Heritage is required for administering your application for the Canada Day Challenge 2017. The information you provide is done voluntarily. Failure to provide the required information will result in the rejection of your application. Information will also be used for statistical and reporting purposes. The information is collected under the authority of paragraph 4(2)(h) of the Department of Canadian Heritage Act.
Your personal information is protected under the provisions of the federal Privacy Act and will be retained by the Department of Canadian Heritage for 5 to 7 years. Under the Act, you have the right to access your personal information and request changes to incorrect information. If you wish to avail yourself of this right or require clarification about this Privacy Notice Statement, contact Canadian Heritage’s Access to Information and Privacy Director by email at PCH.aiprp-atip.PCH@canada.ca. For further details on requests for access or correction, please consult the Info Source publication.
Any questions, comments, concerns or complaints you may have regarding the administration of the Privacy Act and privacy policies regarding the Canadian Conservation Institute Website may be directed to our Access to Information and Privacy Coordinator at Canadian Heritage:
Director, Access to Information and Privacy Secretariat
25, Eddy Street, 3rd level, Gatineau, Quebéc K1A 0M5
If you are not satisfied with our response to your privacy concern, you may wish to contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner .
- Your online session will expire if it has been inactive for 30 minutes. For security reasons the system is not designed to save your information and you will lose all information previously entered.